Karen I took an anti inflammatory for 15 years and when I was diagnosed with RA I still took it. Not Celebrex but Mobic I did not have any problems with high elevations of methotrexate
May 7, 2025
When taking methotrexate and NSAIDs (like Celebrex) together, it's important to have your doctor review the combination carefully. While these medications can be used together, they need to be monitored since NSAIDs can potentially affect methotrexate levels in your body.
Your healthcare provider will need to evaluate your Show Full Answer
When taking methotrexate and NSAIDs (like Celebrex) together, it's important to have your doctor review the combination carefully. While these medications can be used together, they need to be monitored since NSAIDs can potentially affect methotrexate levels in your body.
Your healthcare provider will need to evaluate your specific situation and may adjust dosing to ensure the combination is safe for you. Never start or stop either medication without consulting your doctor first. Methotrexate can be effectively combined with other RA medications, including NSAIDs, to create a more comprehensive treatment plan. Your doctor may also consider adding other DMARDs if needed to help control your RA symptoms. The key is working closely with your healthcare team to find the right combination and dosing that works best for you while minimizing potential side effects.
May 2, 2025