Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
August 2, 2024
 · 
Reactions
myRAteam

It sounds like you're experiencing some concerning symptoms. Here are a few steps you should consider:

1. Contact Your Rheumatologist: It's crucial to inform your rheumatologist about the weight loss, sudden loss of balance, and abnormal tumor marker results. These could be side effects or unrelated issues that need Show Full Answer

It sounds like you're experiencing some concerning symptoms. Here are a few steps you should consider:

1. Contact Your Rheumatologist: It's crucial to inform your rheumatologist about the weight loss, sudden loss of balance, and abnormal tumor marker results. These could be side effects or unrelated issues that need immediate attention.

2. Discuss Your Symptoms: Be specific about the symptoms you're experiencing. Your doctor can help determine if they are related to your current treatment with Humira or if another underlying issue might be present.

3. Review Your Treatment Plan: Ask your doctor if continuing with Humira is the best option given your new symptoms. They may need to adjust your treatment plan or conduct further tests.

4. Frequent Monitoring: Since you're on a TNFi biologic like Humira, regular blood tests are essential to monitor the drug's effects, including checking for bone marrow suppression, low white blood cell count, or liver effects.

Remember, your healthcare provider is the best source of guidance for your specific situation.

August 2, 2024
A myRAteam Member

Thank you Dee9 appreciate the feedback ! Sending hugs 💕

August 16, 2024
A myRAteam Member

I believe that if it were a side effect that your doctors would know. Please don't be afraid to get 2nd or 3rd opinions. That's what I would do and have done. The most important thing is you get diagnosed sooner than later! You must be your own advocate if they aren't giving you answers find someone who will. Good luck and let us know what happens. I am sending you strength and love 💕

August 16, 2024
A myRAteam Member

I am monitored by Doctors on a monthly basis! MRI & CT scan results are normal! So Drs. can’t diagnose and treat my condition as yet!! I am just wondering if the medication I’m taking is a side effect to my health issues? Really appreciate your feedback maggie63.I will update once I get diagnosed !
I wish you the best and everyone on this site “All the best”

August 2, 2024
A myRAteam Member

It's not right that you are having to wait this long to receive answers on what the next step is for you. The worrying and waiting are mentally exhausting. Have you tried calling them to see if you can speed up the process?

August 2, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Central FL

A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Clinton township NJ

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In