Wrist fusion is a surgical procedure that eliminates all movement at the wrist joint by securing the bones of the forearm to the bones in the wrist and hand. This surgery is typically recommended for those experiencing debilitating pain with no other treatment options. While it provides significant pain relief, it also Show Full Answer
Wrist fusion is a surgical procedure that eliminates all movement at the wrist joint by securing the bones of the forearm to the bones in the wrist and hand. This surgery is typically recommended for those experiencing debilitating pain with no other treatment options. While it provides significant pain relief, it also results in the loss of wrist motion, which can impact daily activities like lifting and manual work.
Advice:
- Understand the Trade-offs: Be aware that while the surgery will relieve pain, it will also limit wrist movement.
- Post-Surgery Care: Follow your surgeon's instructions for post-operative care to ensure proper healing.
- Physical Therapy: Engage in physical therapy as recommended to maintain function in other parts of your arm.
If you have any specific concerns or need more personalized advice, discussing them with your orthopedic surgeon can provide more tailored guidance.
June 8, 2024
I have a wrist fusion. Yes you lose mobility but for me it was worth being rid of the pain. The mobility loss can be adjusted for. I have no regrets of but every person is different! I wish you positivity with what ever decision you make. 🥰
June 10, 2024
No I have not had a wrist fusion tooth fairy. I’ll have other surgeries
June 8, 2024