Good Morning
To make a long story short. I was DX with inflammatory seronegative rheumatoid arthritis almost a year ago. Due to personal choice, I have yet to start any medications except for the occasional meloxicam. In the past month or so my fingers have felt very tight and swollen and I can no longer get my wedding rings on. I was just married last October and they fit just fine up until now
Everywhere feels tight/swollen but doesn't necessarily look that way. Fingers, wrists, legs,… read more
Answer Summary
Members strongly validated someone's experience of tightness and swelling throughout the body as a common early symptom of rheumatoid... Read more
Glad to hear that it is helping.
Thank you! I have joined weight watchers and am eating much healthier and I do feel that is helping the inflammation some at this time!
It sounds like you are experiencing a flare from the RA. When mine flares everything is swollen. My doctor typically increases .y prednisone to help reduce the inflammation. Maybe try looking into natural ways to reduce inflammation if you don't want to take any meds.
Hello! Are you able to wear your rings now that you are on medication?
One of my very first symptoms was swelling in my fingers and toes along with joint pain. I was devastated that I couldn’t wear my rings anymore, but it was suggested to me by a coworker that I wear my rings on a necklace. I have RA and fibromyalgia.