Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Toledo, OH

What do you do when your whole body aches? My ankle is swollen and inflamed. Now my whole body aches. Its been a very very rough 2 weeks..

March 2, 2018
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members rallied around someone experiencing a painful flare with swollen ankles and widespread body aches, sharing the treatments and... Read more

Members rallied around someone experiencing a painful flare with swollen ankles and widespread body aches, sharing the treatments and strategies that help them manage similar episodes. Several members described using combinations of prescription pain creams, muscle relaxers, gabapentin for nerve pain, heating pads, short courses of prednisone to control inflammation quickly, and biologics like Humira for long-term management, with one member cautioning against stopping effective treatments after experiencing a severe flare following a four-month break. A recurring theme was the frustration of waiting for medications to take effect, the necessity of increasing pain management during flares without guilt, and the shared understanding that sometimes all you can do is rest and ride it out until relief comes.

A myRAteam Member

Sounds like your having a flare darling. I hope it soon eases.xxxxxx

March 2, 2018
A myRAteam Member

I hope you are starting to feel better

March 8, 2018
A myRAteam Member

I really don’t know! I have had ra for 16 years and I never took gabapentin for it! I was prescribed gabapentin for fibro! I was diagnosed with fibro about 9 months ago! I would ask my ra doctor about this!

March 3, 2018
A myRAteam Member

When my body aches like this I use a combination of things! My doc prescribed a cream for pain! I use it on my neck,shoulders,knees,top of my feet and toes,and my ankles! I use a muscle relaxer and a Med called gabapentin! It helps with the nerves that ache in my legs! I have an electric throw that stays on my sofa! I use it when I have a lot of aching! The heat along with these Meds really help ease my pain! I hope you feel better soon! 😍

March 3, 2018
A myRAteam Member

Im actually on 3 steroids for 9 days. I wish i could always feel like this!! Blahhh but hate side affects

March 10, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
New Orleans, LA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In