Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Holly Ridge, NC

Good Morning
To make a long story short. I was DX with inflammatory seronegative rheumatoid arthritis almost a year ago. Due to personal choice, I have yet to start any medications except for the occasional meloxicam. In the past month or so my fingers have felt very tight and swollen and I can no longer get my wedding rings on. I was just married last October and they fit just fine up until now
Everywhere feels tight/swollen but doesn't necessarily look that way. Fingers, wrists, legs,… read more

September 11, 2023
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members strongly validated someone's experience of tightness and swelling throughout the body as a common early symptom of rheumatoid... Read more

Members strongly validated someone's experience of tightness and swelling throughout the body as a common early symptom of rheumatoid arthritis, with several sharing that swollen fingers preventing ring wear was one of their first signs too. Many members offered reassurance that medication helped reduce the swelling enough to wear their rings again, encouraging patience before resizing, while others shared alternative approaches including dietary changes, stopping alcohol, supplements like Omega XL and D3, and using prednisone during flares. A recurring theme was the importance of managing inflammation through whatever combination works best for each person, whether medication, lifestyle changes, or both, with the hopeful message that relief is possible.

A myRAteam Member

Glad to hear that it is helping.

September 19, 2023
A myRAteam Member

Thank you! I have joined weight watchers and am eating much healthier and I do feel that is helping the inflammation some at this time!

September 19, 2023
A myRAteam Member

It sounds like you are experiencing a flare from the RA. When mine flares everything is swollen. My doctor typically increases .y prednisone to help reduce the inflammation. Maybe try looking into natural ways to reduce inflammation if you don't want to take any meds.

September 18, 2023
A myRAteam Member

Hello! Are you able to wear your rings now that you are on medication?

September 13, 2023
A myRAteam Member

One of my very first symptoms was swelling in my fingers and toes along with joint pain. I was devastated that I couldn’t wear my rings anymore, but it was suggested to me by a coworker that I wear my rings on a necklace. I have RA and fibromyalgia.

September 13, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Toledo, OH

A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Ferguson, MO

A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Queensland

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In