Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
May 1, 2023
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared experiences with fibromyalgia, comparing symptoms like widespread body pain, burning sensations, tender scalp, tingling,... Read more

Members shared experiences with fibromyalgia, comparing symptoms like widespread body pain, burning sensations, tender scalp, tingling, itching, and extreme fatigue that many found difficult to distinguish from rheumatoid arthritis pain. Several members reported finding relief with Cymbalta (duloxetine), with one noting it reduced flares significantly over six months, while others recommended natural approaches like magnesium malate for muscle relaxation and Dr. Teitelbaum's book 'From Fatigued to Fantastic' as a helpful resource. A recurring theme was the challenge of managing overlapping conditions and the importance of finding the right treatment approach, whether medication or lifestyle changes, that works for each individual's unique situation.

A myRAteam Member

Cymbalta really helped my fibromyalgia to the point that it has only flared up once in the last 6 months. I also significantly reduced my caffeine intake.

May 2, 2023 (edited)
A myRAteam Member

Yes I have fibromyalgia. Was diagnosed before I was diagnosed with RA. I am on duloxetine 30 mg. It has helped me a lot.

May 2, 2023
A myRAteam Member

Get the book by Dr. Teitelbaum "from fatigued to fantastic from your library". I did 20 yrs ago and found his suggestions to be so helpful.

May 2, 2023
A myRAteam Member

magnesium helps relax muscles. I could not tolerate Cymbalta. I don't know if it was in the conversation I suggested getting a copy of Dr. Teiltelbaum's book "from fatigued to fantastic" from your library. I read it 20 yrs and it really helped me. Also join the group and website - the road back.

May 3, 2023
A myRAteam Member

Lots of magnesium malate

May 3, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Lansdale, PA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In