Believe me, I completely understand your frustration . Since my diagnosis, I’ve been on many different medications and have gone though several rheumatologists and pain managers so I’m able to continue working . I’ve been given Celebrex, Humira, Enbrel, Votaren, Cimzia, Plaquenil, Xeljanz, and Simponi. (And a few I’ve forgotten the names of) All with no success. Besides the monthly infusion of Actemea (which does very little), I’m also currently taking Methotrexate, Oxycodone, Prednisone, Gabapentin, folic acid, muscle relaxers , and iron supplements. It’s a long bumpy journey , Bear, and sometimes it seems the doctors are learning as they go along and using us as guinea pigs to experiment on; but we’ve got to hang in there the best we can and hope they get this figured out.
It's completely understandable to feel frustrated when a treatment isn't working, but stopping medication without consulting your doctor can be dangerous. RA is a lifelong condition that requires continuous management, and suddenly stopping treatment can lead to serious flare-ups.
Many myRAteam members have experienced Show Full Answer
Hi firstsbear, I started out on mtx. I didn’t start feeling better until my dr added a weekly enbrel injection. . Talk to your doctor about biologics.
Talk to your doctor about adding another Conventional DMARD or a Biologic DMARD. I take daily oral Sulfasalazine with Folic Acid (to prevent side effects), a weekly Methotrexate injection, & a Biologic IV Infusion Simponi Aria every 8 weeks..