Answer Summary
Members addressed concerns about late-onset rheumatoid arthritis with RF being a marker for more serious outcomes, with several sharing that... Read more
Yes, the presence of rheumatoid factor (RF) in the blood is often associated with a more severe course of rheumatoid arthritis (RA). This includes a higher likelihood of experiencing more aggressive disease activity and joint damage over time. It's important to work closely with your healthcare provider to monitor your Show Full Answer
Monica, yes it is…I’m not even going to talk about it with my hubby. He’s still reeling with the regular diagnoses. All I can say is, st , damn, darn it. No really, I won’t write the actual verbiage😉
well, RA causes joint damage over time. i'll be in worse shape when i am your age than you are now :) Rest when you need to, move as much as you can but don't keep moving if your joints keep cracking and hurting. This can be managed.
The higher the RF the poorer the prognosis yes
Thank you Monica….I appreciate your prayers.