I am giving in to my crippling fatigue and depression. My fatigue is stopping me from exercising, socializing and even getting out of bed sometimes, which consequently is causing me to slip deeper in to depression. I’ve tried hormone therapy, checking iron and vitamin d levels. All are normal?! Any help with finding out the cause of my fatigue? I take 7.5 mg methotrexate weekly.
Answer Summary
Members rallied around someone struggling with debilitating fatigue and depression, validating how RA's exhaustion differs from ordinary... Read more
I hear you. RA is truly a life altering beast of a disease. When you read members stories and comments you see how active we all were. The fatigue is very different than the normal tiredness. It’s been one of the hardest things to deal with, & God knows RA is not ez on many fronts 🤗 this is my favorite poster from Jeff Foster
Hi Maki👋🏻 If I understand my own research - fatigue comes from the amount of inflammation in our bodies. I’m on Methotrexate as well, same dose. Is your pain under control? This may be an indicator of how much inflammation you are up against. It’s always been recommended to me to work through the fatigue and get up and get exercising to move that inflammation out of your joints. Drink plenty of water to flush it out of your system. I hope this may help you.
I love the Jeff Foster quote Veronica.
I used to be the same way suffering from fatigue body stiffness and aches and pains until I had two total knee replacements and found a better RA medicine that works and methotrexate does not work for me,
@A myRAteam Member
Andrew,
You need two things right now:
1) Suicide Prevention Therapist;
2) Neurologist who specializes in pain management.
There are things that can be done to prevent pain.
Have you ask your Rheumatologist to check you for Fibromyalgia? If not, do as it tends to make your nerves more sensitive and painful. A mild muscle relaxer can eliminate that problem.
Please do NOT give up! Their are things to help you. Please step outside and go for a walk, take time to pay attention to your breathing, taking deep breathes and looking around you for the gifts of nature can help your mind set.
Please let us know how you are doing.