Connect with others who understand.

sign up log in
Resources
About myRAteam
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

Does Medicare Cover IV Orencia Infusions?

Does Medicare Cover IV Orencia Infusions?

I am new to Medicare. My weekly home Orencia injections are not covered in my plan D. Does Medicare cover monthly infusion at an infusion center? I also have a medical supplement plan.

A myRAteam Member said:

I got with an insurance advisor (no cost) that the Dr's office recommended. It seemed my Medicare Advantage plan would no cover Remicade IV Infusion . They recommended traditional Medicare with an overpriced United American. I would love to save money and be on an advantage plan but have no choice at this time.

posted 6 months ago
A myRAteam Member said:

Traditional Medicare at my Rheumatology office also. Other plans won’t cover it.

posted 5 months ago
A myRAteam Member said:

Talk to your Rheumatologist and see if she can get your medicine approved though companies like Pfizer or AbbieVie. I have had two meds that I got for free and I still get one the Rinvoq

posted 6 months ago
A myRAteam Member said:

Medicare will cover 80% after you have met your Part B deductible and your supplement should cover the other 20%

posted 6 months ago
A myRAteam Member said:

It should cover this. I get injections at my doctor's office for Cimzia and Medicare covers it 100%.

posted 6 months ago
Already a Member? Log in