Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Land O Lakes, FL

Has anyone ever gotten an infusion of a rituxan then gotten an open wound the same day? If so did you get an infection?

March 19, 2019
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared their experiences with getting wounds around the time of Rituxan infusions, with most reporting that wounds healed normally... Read more

Members shared their experiences with getting wounds around the time of Rituxan infusions, with most reporting that wounds healed normally without infection, though a few noted that minor cuts or scrapes seemed to heal slightly slower in the first two weeks after treatment. Several members offered reassurance to someone worried about cat scratches received shortly after an infusion, advising them to monitor for increased redness or pain and contact their doctor if concerned. A recurring theme was that while vigilance is important, most members had not experienced serious complications from wounds occurring near their infusion dates.

A myRAteam Member

I would keep an eye on those cat scratches, they look painful! If the redness gets worse or pain increases, please call your Doctor.

March 20, 2019
A myRAteam Member

Hi. I'm on Rethux for 4 years now. I didn't have a wound on the same day of the infusion, but rather, a day before. My Rheumatologist took a look at my injury and approved going forward with the infusion. It all went well :).

March 20, 2019
A myRAteam Member

No, but if I have a scrape or scratch within the first two weeks after infusion they seem to heal slower than usual.

March 19, 2019
A myRAteam Member

I am on the infusion i have had wounds in between infusions and they healed fine with no infection. The only time I had an issue with healing was when I was on orencia needles

March 19, 2019 (edited)
A myRAteam Member

No

March 20, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Gainesville, GA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In