Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

Since I got my first Rituxan infusion I began to get itching and skin rash that feel like burns then dry up and crack. It is unbearable itch and my worst areas are my hands and feet. I notice I get flare ups and it comes and goes. Has anyone else had this after an infusion?

December 13, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A myRAteam Member

Yes. I’m afraid it’s allergy related. It took me at least one month of pain for the infusion to start working on my pain. And then the itching and rash started. I hope you find a good doctor that works with you. I have and it really helps.

December 16, 2018
A myRAteam Member
June 9, 2020
A myRAteam Member

I dont know if its because of Rituxan infusions but I started having ulcers on my bum it was itching me like crazy and became big sores now since September 2019 I have to go to wound care every week I have a prescription for Fucidin 2% that I apply on the wounds and mix with Vaseline petroleum jelly.Today they attached devices with batteries that stimulate the circulation of the wounds I hope it works because these wounds hurt and leak and get infected so I need antibiotics :(

June 9, 2020
A myRAteam Member

I have been on infusion treatments Actemra for like 3 years I had been on them for 2 years on then 1 year off my Dad passed away in Oct 2017 and I was in shock for like a while i didn't want to be bothered with no meds or nothing so i stopped for like a year it was like my body was in remission and then like March i started flaring up really bad then I finally I went back to having infusions in June 2018 and I have been back on my meds since then,how ever I stay in flare up like every 3 weeks after the infusions I have a really bad flare up or everyday chronic pain and stiffness Methotrexate and Folic acid don't seem like its working I am taking Gabepintin and CDB pills for my pain, I have a new doctor who is working with me now because my other Rheumatologist was not trying to work with me.God Bless you if the infusions are causing itching and cracked and burns and dry up you need to report this to your Doctor ASAP you might be allergic.

December 16, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Silver Spring, MD

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In