Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Edgewood, MD
June 2, 2018
 · 
Be the first to react

Answer Summary

Members shared a wide variety of over-the-counter and natural remedies for arthritis and swelling, with the most commonly mentioned options... Read more

Members shared a wide variety of over-the-counter and natural remedies for arthritis and swelling, with the most commonly mentioned options being naproxen (Aleve), Tylenol Arthritis, and Advil, along with cautions about liver damage from overuse and the importance of consulting a doctor about proper dosages. Several members recommended natural approaches like turmeric, celery and cucumber juice, tart cherry juice extract, local raw honey, cinnamon, and dietary changes such as avoiding red meat, oils, gluten, and nightshade vegetables while increasing dark leafy greens and staying hydrated with lemon water. A recurring theme was the importance of seeing a rheumatologist for proper diagnosis and discussing prescription options like prednisone with a doctor, while also experimenting with lifestyle changes and natural remedies to find what works best for each individual body.

A myRAteam Member

I use fresh lemons, cucumbers, mint leaves, lime and occasionally blueberries and a slice of orange.for my detox water..delicious!!

June 9, 2018
A myRAteam Member

I use tylenol arthritis. Otherwise i juice cucumbers and celery w an apple and a tsp of tumeric

June 2, 2018
A myRAteam Member

I do not use over t he counter medicine for my RA. I just take my daily/weekly RA medicine and change my eating habits along with different heating pads I purchased off eBay that are too cool!! Avoid meat and spicy foods! Drink plenty of water and hot water with a lemon after every meal!

June 8, 2018
A myRAteam Member

Nevermind brain fog when u r sick....i have it several timea a day lol. I never know where ill find my keys or the tv contqeok

June 3, 2018
A myRAteam Member

Tumeric is used as a "fix all" in many countries. I also cook with it as much as i can. Also tart cherry juice is very good too. Kinda pricy as just the juice. I get mine as an extract in my tumeric. Some people find avoiding might shade veggies helps. I find oils kill me, and red meat. I have started avoiding gluten and I rarely have dairy.

Dark choc is good. Yeah!!!! And tons of cabbage and green leafy greens!!!

June 3, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A myRAteam Subscriber asked a question 💭

A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Mena, AR

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In