When I simply bump my arms or hands on anything, I get these purple marks on my skin. Sometimes they are raised. There is no pain, but the large one leave these gray " scars", for lack of a better term. The doc says it's called tatooing and what skin on my arms is not purple or red, looks dirty! My skin tears and I bleed a lot.
Answer Summary
Members connected over the frustrating and unsightly experience of thin skin, easy bruising, tearing, and excessive bleeding from minor bumps,... Read more
I have the same issues. my Dr tells me it's the prednisone and Enbrel injections that make me have thin, easily bruised skin
Penelope, thank you but aside from being unsightly and a million people a day asking what happened, ha ha, it has no I'll effects.
when I was on methotrexate I did the same thing on my hands, arms and lower legs. Since I have been off of it I have stopped.
Just got a call this morning from my RA Dr and my liver enzymes are up so I was instructed not to take the methorixate until I retake a blood test on the 28th of this month. I go tomorrow to have the liver stent removed hopefully everything will work out!
As I stated earlier I get the same thing but I forgot to mention that my skin is so thin and it tears so easily and I bleed a lot I only take the prednisone when I have a flare which is not often so I don’t think it’s from that it could be the methotrexate.. I will try and ask my Dr next month when I see her.