JoCo,
I wished that I had stock in liquid bandage. An excellent alternative than using dressings and bandaids which can cause more damage.
Greta's response was great! I'd also like to suggest taking collagen to help with skin elasticity if it's a consistent problem. I just roll with the cuts and treat them if they get too bad haha
RA, RA meds, steroids, diet and genetics play a part with people who have thin skin and bruising. Also people who use NSAIDs for pain and inflammation get thin skin and bruising. People who take aspirin and blood thinners bruise easily and skin tears easily. I use arm and hand protectors at times especially when my dogs want to play outside. I don’t hardly wear shorts anymore trying to protect my skin.
Are you experiencing thin skin as a symptom related to your rheumatoid arthritis?
Thin skin can be a concern for people with RA, and it may be related to several factors:
- Long-term use of corticosteroids (like prednisone) can cause skin thinning
- RA itself can affect skin health and integrity
- Some RA medications may Show Full Answer
Aquaphor is a great alternative, Greta! It helps me heal a lot faster since my immune system is compromised.