Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
October 21, 2017
 · 
Be the first to react
A myRAteam Member

Hi SuElyn ,When i do have a flare , it comes on really suddenly and can last between 3 days to 2 weeks and during this phase ,i normally have to take a course of cortisone as well as an anti-inflammatory in addition to my routine medication.

October 21, 2017
A myRAteam Member

I will normally take more prednisone and if panado doesn't help. I use Tramal and Celebrex.

October 26, 2017
A myRAteam Member

Hi Karen, flares are horrible, sometimes they are treated quite aggressively with much higher doses of cortisone than one would normally take. Perhaps you should give your rheumatologist further feedback .....just so that you know that you are on the right track..... sometimes i also get worried because it does not seem to want to subside into remission.

October 24, 2017
A myRAteam Member

I have been in flare for almost a month. I have taken cortisone and still no relief. I take tramadol for the pain and Advil for the inflammation.

October 23, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Pittsburgh, PA

A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Oklee, MN

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In