Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myRAteam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Vernon, BC

so cold water in the public indoor swimming pool is not recommended?

February 6, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A myRAteam Member

A therapeutic pool would be ideal, because it is kept at a warmer temperature than a a regular pool. In our local public pool, they have a leisure pool for kids which is perfect I think. I think that the cold water stiffens up my muscles.

February 15, 2017
A myRAteam Member

Warm is better for me. But I have Reynaud's disease as well.

December 17, 2017
A myRAteam Member

I like the warm pool for aqua aerobics, however, the icy Cape Town sea waters also help. It's like using an ice pack on all sore joints at once. I find it very helpful especially during a bad inflamation flare. Brings the swelling down. Jolly cold, but hey after the first 5 minutes you are so numb you don't notice it anymore πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ³πŸ πŸŠβ„β„

February 14, 2017
A myRAteam Member

I find that I need warm water pools. I get really stiff if swimming in colder water.

February 8, 2017
A myRAteam Member

Did someone tell you this? I don't necessarily think it would be bad. I just can't handle cold so it would just make me ache.

February 8, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A myRAteam Member asked a question πŸ’­
New York, NY

A myRAteam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Antrim, NH

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In