Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Austin, TX

Has anyone been diagnosed with RA and had x-rays only showing osteoarthritis & blood work negative?

August 10, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A myRAteam Member

Mine always come back negative my hands don't even look that swollen but my joints are so painful. I do have swelling in my shoulders, elbows wrists, knees and ankles, but when my doctor puts the ultra souls on be I light it up lol

August 11, 2016
A myRAteam Member

I have only had 2 positive ra results in 5 years. Told i have osteo arthritis also...
Its confusing but i guess possible

August 11, 2016
A myRAteam Member

Yes that happened to me. My doctor than order the Victar test which showed a very high level of RA inflammation. I always test negative on other test and X-rays always shows osteoarthritis.

August 10, 2016
A myRAteam Member

Yes. I have sero-negative ra which means that the bloodwork comes back negative for ra factor but your inflammation or c reactive protein is very high. You also have the other symptoms related to ra. I also have moderate osteoarthritis in my lower back and just got a facet injection yesterday. Good luck on your journey.

August 10, 2016
A myRAteam Member

Yes. I have. I am negative for RA. But I have it. It was finally diagnosed by a smart Dr. looking at my Xray. But since then, I had a new doctor tell me that there was no evidence of RA looking at the same area and told me it was all OA.... I fired her when she said it was all in my head. Having said that now they are telling me that I have osteo arthritis in my back I hop that is true, because I don't want RA in there. I can relate.

July 26, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Meade county ky

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In