Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Birmingham, UK

I'm in relatively early stages of my journey and having a flare up with my hands and wrists and wondered if anyone has tried any herbal remedies or supplements that have helped?

July 10, 2016
 · 
Be the first to react

Answer Summary

Members shared a variety of accessible remedies for managing hand and wrist flare-ups, with several recommending turmeric and ginger for their... Read more

Members shared a variety of accessible remedies for managing hand and wrist flare-ups, with several recommending turmeric and ginger for their anti-inflammatory properties, calcium and vitamin D for joint support, and compression copper gloves worn overnight for relief. Many members emphasized the importance of daily hand exercises, including squeezing a sponge ball throughout the day, consistently stretching fingers and wrists, and doing gentle twisting motions to build strength and reduce stiffness. A recurring theme was finding small, proactive ways to manage pain and maintain mobility, whether through magnetic bracelets, frequent hand movements, or incorporating gentle stretches into computer work.

A myRAteam Member

I got a sponge ball I can squeeze now even as I am printing in computer I am stretching fingers !

October 9, 2016
A myRAteam Member

I am a constant hand squeezer hand rubs thumb twirler

October 14, 2016
A myRAteam Member

Bible says laughter does good like a medicine so are you laughing to bring the medicine in to be beneficial or you laugh when you stretch your fingers because if sounds a feels funny?

October 13, 2016
A myRAteam Member

laugh as I stretch fingers still............calcium / vit D helps nicely

October 13, 2016 (edited)
A myRAteam Member

I wear magnetic braclets as needed for my carpel tunnel and arthritis pain in my wrists I got some from nikken.

October 8, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A myRAteam Subscriber asked a question 💭

A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Louisville/Jefferson County, KY

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In