Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Washington, DC

Anyone having good results from taking Humira and Methotrexate.

November 29, 2015 (edited)
 · 
Be the first to react

Answer Summary

Members shared mixed experiences with Humira and Methotrexate for rheumatoid arthritis, with some describing the combination as life-changing... Read more

Members shared mixed experiences with Humira and Methotrexate for rheumatoid arthritis, with some describing the combination as life-changing and others reporting it stopped working over time or never provided relief at all. Several members mentioned needing to add or switch to medications like Orencia, prednisone, or NSAIDs to manage persistent pain and inflammation, with one member celebrating being able to return to playing badminton after switching from monthly injections to Humira. A recurring theme was that finding the right treatment is deeply personal and often requires trial and error, as what works wonderfully for one person may not work at all for another.

A myRAteam Member

I am currently taking 20 mg. Methotrexate & humira. (Been on humira a year) I also was on diclofenec (had to discontinue due to ulcers) That combo worked pretty good. Since I had to drop the diclofenec, life has been horrible! I am still having good results from the methotrexate/humira. Good luck!

December 4, 2015
A myRAteam Member

I have been on both these meds and I did not have any relief
It is a trial and error t o see what suit.. Everyone is different

December 3, 2015
A myRAteam Member

I have been on methotrexate for about 7 years now and am doing ok. Also on prednisone and Vimovo

December 3, 2015
A myRAteam Member

I'm not having as good of results as I had hoped I would, still in pain and having horrible coughing fits and wheezing since I started MTX and added Humira !

November 30, 2015
A myRAteam Member

It's made all the difference in the world to me.

December 2, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Vancouver, BC

A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Roseburg, OR

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In