Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Winter Springs, FL

I've tried Biotene products, hard candies, ice, water, gum (which does help, but hard to be a teacher and chew). I'm out of ideas. Please help!

July 21, 2015
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members rallied around someone struggling with relentless dry mouth, with many identifying Sjogren's Syndrome as a potential underlying cause... Read more

Members rallied around someone struggling with relentless dry mouth, with many identifying Sjogren's Syndrome as a potential underlying cause and strongly recommending seeing a rheumatologist for evaluation. Several members shared that prescription medications like Salagen, pilocarpine, and cevimeline (Evoxac) have been life-changing in stimulating saliva production, though they noted it may take a few months to see full results and cautioned that frequent use of sugary candies can damage teeth. A recurring theme was the profound impact of severe dry mouth on daily life, from difficulty speaking and teaching to nighttime discomfort, met with empathy and practical suggestions including sour candies, coconut water, TheraBreath lozenges, and saltwater rinses as supplemental relief.

A myRAteam Member

Have you ever considered that you may have Sjogrens Syndrome ? That is one of the many things that I am dealing with. I get so dry that my lips stick to my teeth and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth. Of course, that makes talking difficult. I don't make enough saliva . Also, I have dryness elsewhere..hair, skin, eyes, female area...so it isn't so easy to deal with. I use TheraBreath Dry Mouth Lozenges for dry mouth. I have a prescription eye drop for eyes and for my skin I use CeraVe healing ointment which was recommended by my dermatologist. I hope this might help someone. And if anyone else can add what has helped them, please do . Thanks !

October 10, 2022
A myRAteam Member

My mom has this problem. She says Coconut Water helps her and this product.

December 23, 2021
A myRAteam Member

I have dry mouth also. Can take sips of water or bottles of water all day long and it is ok, but at night it is horrid. A cough drop works as well as the products I have bought for dry mouth. Also worse, dont eat anything salty at night. Found it makes it much worse.

December 8, 2022
A myRAteam Member

Doing a lot of research...1/2 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp. of baking soda, 8 oz of water. Use as a mouthwash 3-4 times a day. Do not swallow. Next, Rx: Calphason. Finally, Ginger juice or ginger pieces. I haven't tried any yet. I have the prescription, but would rather try natural, first. Hope this helps someone!

July 25, 2015
A myRAteam Member

Thank you so much. I saw another doc today and may have some good news. I'll share when I confirm!

July 24, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Philadelphia Area, PA

A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭


Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In