I was having all over itchiness from the hydroxychloroquine. The doctor wasn't sure if that's what caused it but is taking me off it completely.
Since I am starting to flare up she is putting me on methotrexate. I am wondering what people's experience is with methotrexate? Did anyone who was a blood or platelet donor have any difficulties in continuing to donate?
I am concerned about hair loss as it is a chemo medication.
Thanks.
Vitalant does not have methotrexate as a deferral to donate and I also contacted them directly and they said that methotrexate and humira are both safe to use while donating.
It's completely understandable to have questions and concerns about starting methotrexate, especially around hair loss. While it was originally developed as a cancer treatment, it's widely used for RA at much lower doses to help slow disease progression and reduce joint damage.
Regarding blood or platelet donation while on Show Full Answer