Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
England, uk

Hi I went to a rheumatologist last year and had R.a ruled out, but kept on her list incase
I re visted as I was getting spinal pain and numbness and im now under a neurologist
However the last month my knuckles are swollen and wrists are getting weaker and both feel inflamed, and it's incredibly hard to grip and my fingers are stiff and clicking, which I've never experienced before and low grade fevers daily
I'm wondering whether to re visit my Rheumatologist
Also getting alot of achillies… read more

August 18, 2025
 · 
Reactions
myRAteam

Question: Should I revisit my rheumatologist given my new symptoms of hand pain, swelling, and weakness?

Given your new symptoms - particularly swollen knuckles, wrist weakness, inflammation, grip difficulties, finger stiffness, and daily low-grade fevers - it would be advisable to schedule another appointment with your Show Full Answer

Question: Should I revisit my rheumatologist given my new symptoms of hand pain, swelling, and weakness?

Given your new symptoms - particularly swollen knuckles, wrist weakness, inflammation, grip difficulties, finger stiffness, and daily low-grade fevers - it would be advisable to schedule another appointment with your rheumatologist. These symptoms are common presentations of RA, especially in the small joints of the hands and wrists. The symptoms you're describing align with typical RA manifestations in hands and fingers, including:
• Swelling of wrist and hand joints
• Difficulty gripping objects
• Creaking/clicking sounds during movement
• Stiffness in fingers
• Weakness in affected joints

The combination of these symptoms along with low-grade fevers and Achilles pain suggests it would be worthwhile to have another evaluation. A rheumatologist can use physical exams, X-rays, ultrasound, or MRI to detect any joint changes that may have developed since your last visit.

August 18, 2025
A myRAteam Member

I would just to just give you peace of mind.

September 2, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Cedar Lake, IN

A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Cedar Lake, IN

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In