What I mean is because of being down so much.
Answer Summary
Members opened up about being diagnosed with diabetes alongside autoimmune conditions like rheumatoid arthritis and lupus, with several... Read more
There are several ways that RA can increase the risk of developing diabetes. When you have RA, joint pain and inflammation can make it harder to stay physically active. This reduced activity level can contribute to developing diabetes over time.
Additionally, some common RA treatments like corticosteroids (such as predniso Show Full Answer
I was diagnosed with Diabetes about four years ago. I changed doctors and I was over 65 and overweight and the new Dr. never once checked my A1C. I changed doctors after that. They eventually put me on Ozempic and I've lost 25 lbs. since last November.
I was diagnoses with Diabetes 15 years ago, before my RA/Lupus diagnosis. I do think both cause me issues with fatigue and weight.
I have an A1c test next week.
Thank you both for responding. It helps.
Thank you Lori237!