Celebrex (celecoxib) is used to treat pain, fever, and inflammation associated with rheumatoid arthritis. It is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that works by inhibiting the production of chemicals that promote inflammation. Common side effects include:
- Abdominal pain
- Diarrhea
- Indigestion
- Flatulence
- Show Full Answer
Sorry to hear that. I hope the Dr. will find something that will help you manage.
My dr tried me on Celebrex because he didn't like how much Ibprofen I need to take. Fortunately I didn't get any side effects. Unfortunately I don't feel it did anything at all. In fact, I felt like 400mg Ibprofen was more effective. I was on it for 2 weeks....took it twice a day religiously to give it a chance...and then I had a MASSIVE flare just 2 hours after taking a dose. It was a flare of all flares and I almost had to go to the hospital because the pain was so bad and my blood pressure was skyrocketing from the pain. I couldn't take anything either because of the Celebrex in my system. I felt like dying for 3 days until the flare calmed down. Called my dr and told him NOPE.....that med was a major dud and I won't go through that again.
I honestly can't tell if it is because my Sjogren has been acting up lately. Wishing you pain free days.
Hello. I've been taking it off and on for several months. I haven't noticed any side effects. I've stopping taking it multiple times because it doesn't seem to work for me. Maybe you'll have better luck.