Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Palmer, AK

Just saw my GP my potassium levels are low and wants me to start a potassium supplement she prescribed anyone else with this problem? I’m afraid 😱 already on Leflunomide 20 mg a day for seronegative RA and osteoarthritis. I’m worried about stomach upset already have lost some weight. I have been on Leflunomide since Dec 22 seems to work okay for now see my Rheumatologist next month. Thank you

July 17, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A myRAteam Member

IMO potassium is the least problem you have presently and can look up foods high in potassium. I always feel taking supplements as food is so much more beneficial. I don't see any harm in taking a potassium supplement but so many great beneficial foods are high in potassium. You can do a quick search to see what foods are high in potassium and if you are not already eating some of the foods high in potassium, try some and find ones you really like and incorporate them into your diet for awhile and see how you next blood work comes out.

July 17, 2023
A myRAteam Member

Thank u all for the good advice I’m gonna try to take the supplements she prescribed and eat higher potassium foods blood draw in 20 days so fingers crossed 🤞

July 17, 2023
A myRAteam Member

You can bring up your potassium levels by taking Celtic salt. This type of salt does not affect blood pressure. If you read about Celtic salt you'll find out there are very many positive things about taking it. Redmond's real salt is very good too, but it's missing the three magnesiums that you get from Celtic salt.

July 17, 2023
A myRAteam Member

Ask your pharmacist. They can be very helpful. I don't go to chain pharmacies. I have always used private neighborhood pharmacies because they have really taken the time to talk to me.

July 18, 2023
A myRAteam Member

I don’t have stomach problems with my potassium. I can take 80 mEq of potassium daily. I don’t know why my K levels are so low - I eat fruits and vegetables daily.
I pop down two of those horse pills twice daily with no problems. But take with plenty of water because when they start to disintegrate, you need to wash them down fast.

July 18, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Chewelah, WA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In