Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people whoโ€™ve been there
  •   People who understand what youโ€™re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myRAteam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Aberdeen, NC

How many people taking Methotrexate (oral or injectable) or Rasuvo drink a glass of wine or other? ๐Ÿท I know what the literature says. Got that. Now tell me reality. ๐Ÿน

January 11, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A myRAteam Member

If I want a glass of wine, I have one. Just not on methotrexate day. I did over indulge once at a birthday party. I drank probably close on a full bottle of wine, plus a couple shots. Oh my, it made me sick for 3 days. Lesson learned, one or 2 glasses of wine but no more, and only occasionally, certainly not every day.

Cheers, Cherry

January 15, 2023
A myRAteam Member

My rheumatologist said it would be fine to have a couple glasses a week of wine or beer. I have been on oral methotrexate for three months and am just coming up on three months of injectable methotrexate. I have had two liver enzyme tests and so far they have been great. I take my meds on Mondays and find that by Thursday/Friday they are wearing off. If I have drinks it is usually on the weekend when the meds are least effective. This is just my take on it all and I suspect it would be very different for each person.

January 13, 2023
A myRAteam Member

Have for the past 20 years and all is good!!!

January 16, 2023
A myRAteam Member

I asked my pharmacist about having a glass of wine occasionally and he said that it should be okay. I Googled the same question and one of the medical sites that I trust, can't remember which one, also stated that a little should be okay (just no more than 2 glasses occasionally). My current rheumy suggested that I should not consume any alcohol due to being on MTX. I responded that I'm not a big drinker anyway. He seemed okay with that. If there is a special occasion, I will have a toast or minimal alcohol.
My thought is to talk to your rheumy and follow his/her recommendation.

January 12, 2023
A myRAteam Member

I don't drink at all anymore....... I take two medications for my Rheumatoid arthritis and one medication for my fibromyalgia. ๐Ÿค”.

January 12, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A myRAteam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Aberdeen, NC

A myRAteam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Charlotte, NC

A myRAteam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Vancouver, BC

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In