Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people whoโ€™ve been there
  •   People who understand what youโ€™re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I've noticed quite an increase in the amount of hair loss happening recently, though it's been a fairly regular occurrence to lose a bit most days. I've been on Mtx for about 20 years. Any ideas on how to combat this hair loss would be very welcome. TIA.

January 2, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A myRAteam Member

I haven't experienced hair loss with methotrexate, but my doctor did say that methotrexate takes our folic acid out of our bodies and suggests that I take it to help with things like that. Hope that helps answer your question.๐Ÿ™‚

January 3, 2023
A myRAteam Member

I've been on Methotrexate for 8 years. After 1 year I started losing my hair including my eyebrows. I took (and still do take) Nature's Bounty Hair, Skin and Nails with Biotin. It seemed to work. Hair loss stopped and hair started to grow again. Have not had trouble since.

January 3, 2023
A myRAteam Member

Yes. In fact my hair stopped growing about a year ago.

January 7, 2023
A myRAteam Member

It's completely stopped growing unfortunately. I also had an anaphylactic reaction to Remicade a year ago December and now 9nly take 50mg Prednisone. We, Drs and I are hoping that my body will recover and it will start to grow again. In the meantime don't stress /obsess about any hair falling out! It only makes life harder , brings on flairs, unhappiness and honestly it's refreshing to shave your head and not have to worry about having "a bad hair day" ! Lol. HUGS! ๐Ÿซถ

January 9, 2023
A myRAteam Member

Oh no! Has it completely stopped growing now, so any that falls out isn't being replaced?Must be quite worrying for you,Wanda. Has your doctor advised what to do about it? I hope it's only temporary and your hair starts to grow again soon.

January 7, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A myRAteam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Lodi, CA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In