Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Kilmarnock, VA

What do you find most comfortable? Hard, medium, soft, memory foam, toppers, ...

March 8, 2022
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared widely varied mattress preferences for managing chronic pain, with recommendations ranging from firm mattresses that align the... Read more

Members shared widely varied mattress preferences for managing chronic pain, with recommendations ranging from firm mattresses that align the spine and reduce morning stiffness to soft pillow tops, memory foam, and gel toppers that create a cloud-like feel. Several members found that adding a quality topper, such as Tempur-Pedic or a gel memory foam layer, dramatically improved comfort and sleep quality, while others emphasized the importance of proper spinal alignment and adjustable beds that elevate the legs or chest for conditions like COPD and arthritis. A recurring theme was that finding the right mattress often requires an adjustment period and personalized trial and error, but investing in proper sleep support can significantly reduce pain and improve daily quality of life.

A myRAteam Member

Iv recently bought a gel memory topper 2" plus a cotton cover 2" topper so it's 4" on top my mattress & it feels like I'm on a cloud!! It's sooo nice!! I have it over a medium mattress. ☁️😊🥰😴

March 15, 2022
A myRAteam Member

Medium, I think.

March 9, 2022
A myRAteam Member

I got a topper from temperpedic and it changed my life!!!

March 19, 2022
A myRAteam Member

Memory

March 14, 2022
A myRAteam Member

I have one of those, I have to keep my head and chest raised because I have copd. I didn't know it would help with RA.

March 13, 2022

Related Questions

View All
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Ocean, NJ

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In