Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Fort Wayne, IN

who is the Dr to prescribe, Ra,Md, or does this go to pain management?

June 9, 2020
 · 
Reactions
A myRAteam Member

@A myRAteam Member

June 12, 2020
A myRAteam Member

my journey began 11 yrs ago right hip/cyst, 4 joint replacements. R/hip x 3 rep, 4 dislocations, r. shoulder replaced 5yrs, right ankle 6 months, and left shoulder relpaced2 weeks. Don't have pity for I have so much strength from my Lord but I have tapped all support after each hospital adventure, I always say 1 more and done I think after my left hip is replaced within the next 9 months I can look forward to some sort of quality retirement..( was 57 when I retired on ssd from dentistry now 60).
My RA and I just seem to be on hold to get the joints calm.. I don't like being bionic

June 9, 2020
A myRAteam Member

@A myRAteam Member,
I always start with my Rheumatologist. Ours prescribed a low dose muscle relaxer, which works better than pain meds. If your Rheumatologist feels you need pain management they will do a referral. Remember open communication with your Rheumatologist is key for your care.
Feel better soon!

June 9, 2020

Related Questions

View All
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In