Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Suffolk uk

How many of you guys get rheumatic fevers? This past weekend was my first. Everyone assumed I had covid which made it worse to diagnose. I had a temperatures ranging from 39.5 to 41 degrees. I ached everywhere and all my joints throbbed I felt I had been hit by a bus. Thankfully my gp new my history and recognised what I had. He said to take ibuprofen and paracetamol alternatively. This has lasted 4 days and today I actually feel human again. It was agony though.

May 18, 2020
 · 
Reactions
A myRAteam Member

I have fevers on a regular basis, not all that often but at least once every 2 months. I seem to notice the difference between rheumy fevers and other illnesses, no nasal discharge or coughing, just chill and sweats and swollen joints. Very tiring.

June 2, 2020
A myRAteam Member

I do all the time. I run a low grade fever always when in a flare.

May 19, 2020
A myRAteam Member

All of the time. When i flare i feel like i have the flu, but obviously do not. I sometimes get a low grade fever, sometimes just feel warm,but a fever is normal with flares. I take tylenol on schedule when those happen. Best!!

May 23, 2020
A myRAteam Member

I get the body aches, swollen neck glands, chills when in a flare. I swear I have a fever ... but don’t.

May 20, 2020
A myRAteam Member

Josephine,
I have not experienced this.
I am really grateful it was not Covid-19 and that you are feeling better!

May 18, 2020

Related Questions

View All
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Taylorville, IL

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In