Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Florence S.C
December 2, 2019
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared overwhelmingly positive experiences with Celebrex for managing rheumatoid arthritis pain, with many noting they take it twice... Read more

Members shared overwhelmingly positive experiences with Celebrex for managing rheumatoid arthritis pain, with many noting they take it twice daily and feel a noticeable difference when they stop, particularly before surgeries or when attempting to reduce their dosage. Several members emphasized that while all medications carry side effects, the consequences of taking nothing can be far worse, with one member describing going into their biggest flare ever after trying to go medication-free for a month. One member shared a cautionary experience of testing positive for lupus while on Celebrex, which reversed after stopping the medication, encouraging others with similar diagnoses to investigate whether their results might be medication-related.

A myRAteam Member

@A myRAteam Member amen to that. I just tried not taking anything for a month bc i was tired of side effects of medications and went into biggest flare ever. Its important we keep taking our medications

December 3, 2019
A myRAteam Member

I use Celebrex, and it does seem to help control the pain. When I had surgeries, I had to go off it for a few weeks.. and felt it!

December 19, 2019
A myRAteam Member

I was on Celebrex for a long while and I found it very good until I tested positive for Lupus, he said don't worry about it, the medicine is probably causing a false positive so next time I was going to get tested, I went off of Celebrex for 6 weeks prior and lupus test was negative, I worried that if it could change my body chemistry, what else could it change and never touched it again.
This was my experience and meds work different on everyone, but if any of you were diagnosed with Lupus after you got on Celebrex, I would want to find out if that is real!

December 7, 2019
A myRAteam Member

Praying that you’ve found something that will work for you.

December 7, 2019
A myRAteam Member

I take Celebrex it helps take the edge off the pain.

December 18, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭

A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Central FL

A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Los Angeles, CA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In