Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Memphis, TN

My right side of my throat had been hurting. So bad it’s hurting my right ear. It goes away then comes back a few days later. It started before I started taking methotrexate (started this past Friday) so I know it’s not a reaction to that. Thoughts?

October 16, 2019
 · 
Reactions
A myRAteam Member

Hmm, must be something in the air. I had chiropractor appointment today and on the way home the right side of my throat started a sore like pain. It seems everytime I shower and get water in my ears, even tho I clean them well to keep them dry it seems these same symptoms start. Usually I can take a qtip and dip in a blend of sweet almond oil with several drops of lavendar and frankinscense essential oil and clean the ear canal deep inside as I dare. It will stop the hurt and soreness by next day. So soon as we got home I did the oil treatment. It seems to primarily happen on the right side. I do think mine is clogged inflammed tubes thus the essential oils being anti inflammatory fix it right up. Prayers you feel better soon and no infections to deal with. Dealing with the RA is enough for us to keep battling.

October 16, 2019
A myRAteam Member

Same ! I thought I was crazy & had nothing to do with RA. Thank you for sharing ❤️

October 17, 2019
A myRAteam Member

I had that a few years ago,,watch your hands very closely,,if you start to see little spots coming on fingers go to the doctor right away,,I had a blood clg behind my esphogas and it busted,,end results were my fingers turned black,,almost lost them all and the heart doctor told me i was very lucky,,i could of died if it would of went to my heart or brain,,i had to get one of those things done where they go through every vein in your body to figue out what happen and his all came from RA,so this disease is no joke,,so be careful and get it checked out but a regular doctor wont catch it,,has to be a vascular doctor

October 16, 2019
A myRAteam Member

You may have an ear infection...

October 16, 2019
A myRAteam Member

Thank you!!!

October 16, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Memphis, TN

A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭

A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Bournemouth, UK

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In