Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
April 3, 2017
 · 
Be the first to react

Answer Summary

Members shared mixed experiences with Sleep Number beds for managing morning stiffness, with some finding the adjustable features and wave... Read more

Members shared mixed experiences with Sleep Number beds for managing morning stiffness, with some finding the adjustable features and wave massage helpful for getting in and out of bed more easily, while others reported that stiffness persisted regardless of the mattress type. Several members emphasized that firmness preferences vary widely with rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia, and some found relief through alternative solutions like Stearns and Foster mattresses, copper-infused cooling sheets, or sleeping in a recliner when back pain strikes at night. A recurring theme was that while an adjustable bed can improve comfort and ease of movement, it may not eliminate morning stiffness entirely, so members encouraged trying before investing and staying open to other supportive products.

A myRAteam Member

Yes, I use a Sleep Number bed. I had to finally get rid of my beloved water bed, because I was too stiff in the mornings to get out of it. The Sleep Number bed is awesome. I sleep with the head raised just a little bit, and the wave massage feature really helps when I'm hurting. I don't think your stiffness in the morning will be much changed, but getting out of bed will be easier. So will making the bed, as the mattress is thinner.

April 21, 2017
A myRAteam Member

We have an adjustable bed. It helps with sleep, but I still have morning stiffness. I'm not sure if anything helps that. 😢

April 4, 2017 (edited)
A myRAteam Member

An adjustable bed defiantly helps.

April 29, 2017
A myRAteam Member

Sally, keep us posted if it helps you or not.

April 27, 2017
A myRAteam Member

Thanks, better than it was, ordered bed this week.

April 21, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Ferguson, MO

A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Florence S.C

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In