I haven't been able to sleep at nights for quite some time now. My hips, knees, and legs ache and throb so bad, and my legs jerk as well, keeping me awake. I'm experiencing burning in my knees and numbness in my feet. I'm on 8 tablets of methotrexate every week, Unfortunately, we lost our job a couple of weeks ago, which means we lost our insurance. I won't be able to go to the rheumatologist, until we do. I do have enough MTX for 90 days, but only 30 days of folic acid, which concerns… read more
Answer Summary
Members rallied around someone struggling with severe nighttime hip, knee, and leg pain that prevented sleep, confirming these symptoms are... Read more
Thank you Tina1669. I appreciate you taking the time to share with me. Lately I have been having this weird cough and if I talk to much, I start losing my voice. My eyes are really giving me trouble as well. The brain fog and memory loss is beyond ridiculous right now. My methotrexate is starting to lose its affects. Thank God I'm not having flare ups, though. I can just feel it more in my hands, wrist and neck. I didn't use to feel that. So, I'm figuring that is what the problem is. My hips, legs, knees and feet hurt and ache pretty much of the time. I got me a recumbent bike and started using it tonight, I have to say my legs feel good. I haven't gone to bed yet, maybe the jerking and all that stuff will calm down. I really have put on some weight this summer. It has been way too hot to go outside, so what do I do?
Absolutely nothing, which makes me more stiff and I can't move very easily.
So, definitely working on that. Anyway, I'm sure I have talked way too much, but it's nice to have people to talk to.
Thanks and God Bless,
Mary
I do and I also complained understand. I was without a job a for short while but was able to get help with my medication from my doctor. Folic acid I bought at GNC. My hips, back and knees are my worst pain. I do have pain medication that helps, I take right before bed 10mg of melatonin and 60mgs of morphine. That's helps until about 330. Then I take 2 Tylenol PM and wake up at 530 for work. I have also developed a Pulmanary infection that is common with RA and its in my lower right lung and that keeps me up at night some nights more than the hips and back. There are tubes/airways that are permanently blocked and some days they just hurt to the point of crying.
I sleep in a power recliner because of a lot of your symptoms. Some are re related some are neck am having surgery for raptured disc link and stenos in neck. Check with your Dr and pharmacist about drugs many companies offer free or reduced rate programs.
I don't have these symptoms but I wanted to let you know that you can get folic acid at Walgreens, CVS, etc. For some reason when I went to the Kaiser pharmacy they didn't fill my folic acid perscription but I emailed my Rheumatologist and he said that the ones at regular pharmacies work just fine, you just may have to take a few more pills depending on the mcg's that you need. I take a multivitamin and still take 5 400mcg of folic acid to get the right amount for me. Hope that this helps a little. Sorry that you are going through all of this but I wish you the best of luck!
yes call the drug company, they may be able to help. When I am severely inflamed, my legs would jerk just as I was about to fall asleep...sooooo frustrating! It would go on for about 2 hours and then subside and sometimes I would have to just get up and sit downstairs for awhile.