Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Washington, DC

My doctor is saying Humira with mtx is bringing my inflammation down. However. I am still stiff and in pain in the morning for half the day. I still have pain and the fatigue is horrible! I started mtx in August 2015 and Humira in October 2015. I just had to ask for a prednisone again as my joints are really sore again. Wondering if this is normal when using these medication? Shouldn't I be more functional?

March 13, 2016 (edited)
 · 
Be the first to react
A myRAteam Member

I have found that my inflammation gets better before the fatigue and pain. Maybe you will feel better soon. I hope so.

March 22, 2016
A myRAteam Member

Sometimes it takes six months or more for you to REALLY feel a difference, when you start a biologic. It's been about five months based on what you have said. Give it a little more time. Praying you find relief soon. xx

March 22, 2016
A myRAteam Member

How much methetrexate do you take? Or are the 6 tablets for an assortment of medications?

March 15, 2016
A myRAteam Member

I haven't noticed any side effects from the Humira, and it works well for me. As for the mtx, I would love to go off it but my rheumy says it makes the Humira work better. One thing that helps me with the mtx side effects is to take the first 6 pills, in 2 pill incrimants, over several hours on a Friday night, so I sleep most of it off, and the last 2 very early Saturday morning and go back to sleep. If I start feeling fatigued later in the day I don't fight it, I lay down for a nap and I feel better afterward. As far as relieving your symptoms it seems like you need to try something other than Humira. There's lots of stuff out there now, ask your rheumy.

March 14, 2016 (edited)
A myRAteam Member

It's all trial and error with all the new meds out there now. I was on a enbrel & methdrexate predisone Naproxin quite a few years then Switch Humira but stopped methedraxate tried other side effects inflammation was getting better hands or feet etc so no trying Actemra infusion montly hoping it helps 2nd month.I know it's so hard with all side effects I have hair loss fatigue etc not fun sorry.Good luck to you.

March 14, 2016 (edited)

Related Questions

View All
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Vancouver, BC

A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Walnut Creek, CA

A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Roseburg, OR