Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people whoโ€™ve been there
  •   People who understand what youโ€™re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
January 23, 2016
 · 
Be the first to react

Answer Summary

Members enthusiastically confirmed that arthritis gloves do help reduce hand pain and swelling, with the most popular brands mentioned being... Read more

Members enthusiastically confirmed that arthritis gloves do help reduce hand pain and swelling, with the most popular brands mentioned being Imak and Tommie Copper, available through Amazon, Walgreens, Walmart, and medical supply stores. Several members emphasized the importance of proper sizing and trying gloves on before purchasing, as a few found certain pairs caused more pain due to uncomfortable pressure on tender joints. A recurring theme was that while not magic, these gloves provide meaningful relief by keeping hands warm and supported during daily activities, with many members owning multiple pairs in different materials to switch between based on their needs.

A myRAteam Member

Imak gloves seem to be the best. Walgreens carries them as do most drug stores. Also on Amazon. ๐Ÿ˜€

January 24, 2016
A myRAteam Member

The same thing happened to me, LeisaHopkinsBrown! I also bought them from Amazon, OMGOSH, they hurt so bad! I couldn't wait to take them off! I gave them to my mother, who also has RA & she loves them! She can also wear the splints; I cannot! Anything on my hands puts pressure on my tender joints & ligaments causing severe pain. Yes I inherited RA from my mother, I couldn't have inherited her height, noooo! Lol. She definitely knows how I feel...Just like all of you do. I'm very grateful for meeting all of you, I have gotten great info from you!

January 29, 2016
A myRAteam Member

I have expensive compression gloves, Walmart copper, and every invention , since 1990- Gloves of any kind will keep your finger joints warm, unless you believe they are truly helping? Of course, I 'm thinking of changing my name to "Placebo Pete", because everything I try, works for awhile. Faith in anything will get you by, for a little bit. Good luck, and keep those joints comfy.

January 28, 2016
A myRAteam Member

I ordered mine through Amazon. They are iMAX. Help with joints and swelling.

January 27, 2016
A myRAteam Member

The gloves do help, no magic but definitely worth the money. Be careful with the sizing, they should fit well. I would try them on before purchasing

January 27, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A myRAteam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Utah

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In