Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
May 16, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A myRAteam Member

I have one, an old one. I bought it used years ago. It's gone in and out of favor for me. At first it was good. Then I started having knee issues (not related to vibration). I just recently decided to give it a try again, and it helped me get some range of motion back in that old knee. I just have to turn the vibrations really low. There's a lot of YouTube videos on the subject. Many of us have taken meds that are not good for our bones. There have been studies on the use of vibration on osteoporosis, the lymph system, lots to read. My internal med dr. mentioned it to me on my last visit. I did learn that the vertical vibration is better for joints than oscillating because it distributes the impact rather than imposing all the impact onto just one side at a time. If I can find the interview I watched, I'll post it.

May 16, 2025
A myRAteam Member

I found the most recent interview I watched on vibration plates...BUT it was pretty much an endorsement of a specific product. I don't feel comfortable posting it here. It was a Dr. Gundy podcast titled Grow Stroner Bones with Micro Impact Therapy and was an interview with an engineer. Very interesting... to me. You can look it up or message me. I've followed WBV since the early 2000's, after a trainer introduced me to it. He's the one who first told me to only use vertical vibration. I would/could never have afforded what he had in the gym. Eventually I bought a more reasonable one on Craigslist for $$$ instead of $$$$$. My experience is in a previous post. Even though it was a product endorsement, that podcast prompted me to pull out my old vibration plate and give it a try at a lower level. I have a pretty bum knee and not likely to use it daily, but I've put it back into rotation.

May 18, 2025
A myRAteam Member

Hi Kimberly, I have a friend with lupus that swears by them. When I was looking into it I saw somewhere that it’s not recommended for people that have had joint replacements. I’ve had knee & hip replacement so I decided not to try it. Hope you get responses. I’m interested to hear from others. Sending hugs 🤗

May 16, 2025
myRAteam

While the search results don't specifically mention vibration plates, they do highlight several low-impact exercise options that have been helpful for people with RA. Before trying any new exercise equipment like vibration plates, it's important to discuss it with your rheumatologist to ensure it's appropriate for your Show Full Answer

While the search results don't specifically mention vibration plates, they do highlight several low-impact exercise options that have been helpful for people with RA. Before trying any new exercise equipment like vibration plates, it's important to discuss it with your rheumatologist to ensure it's appropriate for your specific situation.

Some gentle exercise alternatives that have proven beneficial for people with RA include water therapy, stationary biking with moderate resistance, and walking. These activities help with joint mobility while minimizing impact on sensitive joints. If you're interested in improving balance and strength, working with a physical therapist can help you develop a safe exercise routine. One myRAteam member found success using a wobble board in their exercise program to strengthen feet, ankles, and improve balance. Whatever exercise method you choose, it's essential to start slowly and listen to your body's signals.

May 16, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Denver, CO

A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Adak, AK

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In