Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
February 14, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A myRAteam Member

Thankyou SO much. That is really helpful! I've been taking a lot of Tylenol and Aleve and have been concerned about that too. I guess I will start the injections next Friday. ❤️

February 14, 2025
A myRAteam Member

Hi Penny. I delayed taking a biologic for more than couple of years out of fear and denial. Then corona hit and I was afraid I would die from it if I were immunosuppressed w biologic . I was on steroids and NSAID ( Ibuprofen). Ibuprofen permanently decreased my kidney function. It’s been over a year since I’m on Prednisone taper and I’m still working on it, bc every time dose is decreased I have more pain and get very lethargic and weak. But I’ll try to get prednisone dose as low as possible.
Educate yourself, this site has a lot information on meds. Ask your Rheumy ( though mine is pretty passive).
This disease doesn’t give you an option that’s so much better than the other ones. There’s no black and white, there’s no one formula fits all. I personally regret not getting on biologic sooner.
Wish you good luck in your decision.

February 14, 2025
A myRAteam Member

Thank you, and best of wishes for you too❣️

February 14, 2025
A myRAteam Member

Be watchful of complications and adverse effects. Wish you the best.

February 14, 2025 (edited)
myRAteam

It's completely normal to feel scared about starting biologic injections, especially with concerns about side effects like cancer. While TNFi biologics may increase the risk of infections and, in rare cases, lymphoma or skin cancer, these risks are generally low. Your doctor will weigh the benefits of controlling rheumatoid Show Full Answer

It's completely normal to feel scared about starting biologic injections, especially with concerns about side effects like cancer. While TNFi biologics may increase the risk of infections and, in rare cases, lymphoma or skin cancer, these risks are generally low. Your doctor will weigh the benefits of controlling rheumatoid arthritis against these risks. Regular monitoring and open communication with your doctor can help ensure your safety.

February 14, 2025

Related Questions

View All
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In