Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭

Have any of you heard about drinking unpasteurized 🐐 goat's milk for rheumatoid arthritis?
I haven't tried it yet, just heard about it. Is it safe? How does it taste?

July 18, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A myRAteam Member

I wouldn't drink any unpasteurized anything. Cows, goats and sheep get sick. If that milk had bacteria, you could get sick with all sorts of stuff. E-coli, aspergillis and other weird stuff you don't want.

July 18, 2024
A myRAteam Member

Haven't tried goats milk, but drink cow's milk and make yogurt from it too.

July 18, 2024
A myRAteam Member

That’s a great question. I can only assume that this is the same as the RAW milk I purchase. I haven’t has any problems yet with it causing flares yet. I don’t drink it though, I make it into yogurt, cheese, sour cream and butter.

July 18, 2024
A myRAteam Member

I'd like to add that it is especially dangerous for people who have compromised immune systems. It's risky.

July 25, 2024
A myRAteam Member

Jayne, thanks for the chuckle - peeing on the electric fence.

July 26, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Hagerstown, MD

A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Chicago, IL

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In