Unsure if my skin started to dry out due to the winter months or if it was due to MTX but when I began using the Gold Bond combo of Healing and Overnight lotions everything improved and it's back to more normalcy. I did begin drinking more water when starting MTX and also was running hydration through the rooms that I spend most of my time in as the water assisted and removed the dryness from my skin.
We did have a few strong rains that gave the area good hydration. With that being said, I could turn off my hydration and leave it off because of that change in the weather. I still continue using the Gold Bond along with my daily drinking of bottled water. Hope that information is of assistance.
It's quite common for medications like methotrexate to cause skin-related side effects, including dryness and itching. Methotrexate can lead to skin reactions because it affects the way your skin cells grow and repair. It's important to keep your skin moisturized. Using fragrance-free moisturizers and avoiding long, hot Show Full Answer
Hi Kinberly, well i was doing good reading your post i started itching all over on my arms thanks. ha-ha but kidding aside my arms did start itching since Thursday after my third infusion with the new med didn't have it before so i have to write that down to show doctor. I suppose i'm going to have to get a case of lotion to stop itching.