Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
November 11, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A myRAteam Member

Hi Brenda,
I’m on Remicade infusions and they’ve changed my life. My pain level is dramatically reduced and the swelling in my joints is less. My elbow no longer hurts constantly. I don’t do injections because I can’t stick a needle in me. The infusions are every 6 weeks and I look on them as a wonderful time out. I can knit or read. The infusion center is pretty new. The staff are wonderful. I can’t think of one thing I would change to make it better

November 11, 2023
A myRAteam Member

I’m not having any side effects except my hair is getting thinner and thinner. I asked my rheumatologist if I would be staying on 5 little methotrexate pills taken on Sunday night and the Remicade infusion every 6 weeks. He replied that if I’m lucky I will stay on this medecine for life. He further explained that the medecines are working and I’m not having negative side effects so he’s thrilled.

November 15, 2023
A myRAteam Member

Thank you for your reply Suz73. I am happy your treatment program is working for you! I have noted several users have noticed thinning hair with both of the meds you are on. I appreciate your feedback.

November 16, 2023
A myRAteam Member

Suz73. Thank you so much for your response.! I really appreciate it.

November 12, 2023
A myRAteam Member

That’s great. Any side effects!

November 11, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
St Louis, MO

A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Ramona, CA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In