Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
White Cloud, MI
November 7, 2023
 · 
Be the first to react
A myRAteam Member

I have read the same about it. I haven't found out any information about how long it take to cause damage to the vocal. I have read that it can cause damage but not how long I have until it does. Is there a way to stop it?

December 7, 2023
A myRAteam Member

Not me

November 8, 2023
A myRAteam Member

My throat will hurt for the day of a flare up. It's hard to swallow and hurts to talk . It normally goes away that evening or next morning.

November 7, 2023
A myRAteam Member

I haven't experienced it myself, but have heard of this. Have read in article that RA can cause inflammation in the throat, especially the vocal cords at times.

November 7, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Meade county ky

A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Ferguson, MO

A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Albuquerque, NM