Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
CutBank Montana

How often do you all see your Rheumatologist? I have to see mine every 3 months plus blood work every 3 months. Just wondering if it's that necessary?? A friend sees a different one & he only has to go once a year.

September 12, 2020
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared their rheumatologist appointment schedules in response to someone questioning whether quarterly visits were necessary, with the... Read more

Members shared their rheumatologist appointment schedules in response to someone questioning whether quarterly visits were necessary, with the overwhelming consensus being that every three months is standard practice for most patients on active treatment. Several members explained that frequent monitoring through bloodwork and appointments is essential for tracking medication side effects, adjusting treatments during flares, and ensuring drugs like methotrexate, Plaquenil, and biologics remain safe and effective. A recurring theme was that appointment frequency often decreases when patients achieve remission or very low disease activity, but regular monitoring remains crucial for those with active symptoms or uncontrolled disease.

A myRAteam Member

I see mine every 3 months with blood work every 3 months. It's very important to do as the rheumatologist says. He/She knows best. I really trust my rheumatologist and do whatever he says. He knows this disease backward and forward. The blood work is very necessary also. Hope this helps.

September 12, 2020
A myRAteam Member

I see mine every 3 months, same with blood work

September 12, 2020
A myRAteam Member

Every 3 months and sometimes blood work every 3 months. I can't get plaquenil unless I do

September 12, 2020
A myRAteam Member

Every 3 months for me same with bloodwork. Once a year is probably when they are in remission or very low disease activity best guess💁‍♀️

September 12, 2020
A myRAteam Member

I see my rheumy every 3 or 4 months and have labs every 8 weeks. When first diagnosed, it was every 3 months and labs every 4 weeks. It is precautionary due to medication possible side effects. I am going on my 3rd rheumy due to them leaving the state or going into research. I see this beginning in December. Good luck on getting everything established.

September 12, 2020

Related Questions

View All
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In