Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Gambo, NL, Canada

I have been on Humira for a few years but doesn't seem to be working as well as it did. My doc wants me to take Samponi.....I just hate changing my meds. So afraid of side effects, etc. If anyone is on this drug, I would appreciate any info you can give me such as effectiveness, side effects, etc. Thanks, Donna.

May 11, 2020
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared mixed experiences with Simponi after switching from Humira, with some finding it helpful when combined with other medications... Read more

Members shared mixed experiences with Simponi after switching from Humira, with some finding it helpful when combined with other medications while others reported it wearing off quickly or not working as effectively as their previous treatment. Several members described practical challenges including the difficulty of timing medication changes during COVID, managing unpleasant side effects from companion drugs like methotrexate, and the anxiety that comes with switching biologics after years of stable treatment. A recurring theme was the importance of patience since biologic drugs can take six months or more to show full effectiveness, along with encouragement to communicate openly with doctors and make dietary or lifestyle changes that might provide additional support.

A myRAteam Member

Hi Donna,
I have been on Simponi since last September. I take it every 3 weeks. Since I am no longer taking methotrexate with it (not a fun drug for me), it hasn't been working as well but I don't have the side effects either. Everyone is different but Simponi has been okay so far.
Hope this helps a little.🤗

May 22, 2020
A myRAteam Member

Hi Dmpardy. I recently had the same situation with my Enbrel, which I was taking for almost 10 years. I'm on my 4th monthly injection of Simponi, and it does not seem to be working either. It works really great for about 1.5 weeks, then it wears off and I'm in a full flare again. Again this is only the 4th month, and biologic drugs can take up to 6+ months to truly have an effect. I'm trying to be patient, but it is hard. This is the most flare-ups I have had in over a decade and I'm not in great shape.
I hope Simponi works for you!

May 11, 2020
A myRAteam Member

I’m having trouble with Methotrexate after being on it for over a year. I’m starting to get so sick after I get my shot once a week. This past week was so bad I even called my dr. I’m hoping he takes me off. I’m hoping for something that I don’t feel so sick on.

May 23, 2020
A myRAteam Member

Thank you Zelyna for your input. It was so much appreciated. I hope Simponi starts working for you. Cheers, Donna. PS: I have added you to my team.

May 14, 2020
A myRAteam Member

Hi Donna. I know how scary side-effects can be. My Rheumy added Methotrexate to to medication regimen. It was scary to start it. So far no new side-effects. I hope Simponi works for you.

May 13, 2020

Related Questions

View All
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Connecticut, CT

A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Northern Ireland

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In