Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I am still in excruciating pain after a year of being medicated for my RA. My inflammation markers are fairly low compared to the sky high levels they were at when I was diagnosed and was wondering whether this is a regular occurrence for many people ? I have blood tests monthly at the moment. Any feedback is massively appreciated as I'm still pretty new to all of this !?

Thank you in advance ! x

March 18, 2019
 · 
Reactions
A myRAteam Member

Hi Maddy. Everyone's pain-tolerance level is different, and the pain may be worse in the early stages. After 45 years of RA, the daily pain is tolerable (also thanks to meds), but I remember being in pain when I was a college student.

March 18, 2019
A myRAteam Member

@A myRAteam Member @A myRAteam Member I agree with Tami, Linda! I saw my rheumatologist on Friday and even though my inflammation markers are relatively low (still not within the ideal range), he told me you can still experience just as much pain with little to no inflammation in the blood so it is undeniably a very silly comment for your doctor to make !

I hope you're both having a fairly good day ! xxx

March 26, 2019
A myRAteam Member

I also have flare ups and my Dr. Tells me I shouldn’t have pain she tells me my markers are low

March 25, 2019
A myRAteam Member

Yep.

March 23, 2019
A myRAteam Member

Yes

March 20, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭

A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Mandeville, LA

A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In