Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myRAteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

Now that I have been dealing with RA for sometime ,I have realized how important pretesting has become. Even on minor cases the chances are that things will get worse. It is much easier for your Doctor to show in real numbers and pictures that the disease is doing real progressive damage when filing for insurance or disability
No one where I worked ever guessed that I had severe RA. Most didn't know what it was. Some asked when would I be over it. Once I showed them X-ray pictures they quickly… read more

April 26, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A myRAteam Member

My doctor does anual XRays to track joint erosion and progession, speed or remission of my RA. At a minimum get a baseline with initial set of XRays. Hope this helps

April 29, 2018
A myRAteam Member

@A myRAteam Member I had to ask my hubby to start coming with me to my doctor visits. Mostly I asked him because I have trouble remembering all that the doctors say. But I know he had no idea how severe this was until he started coming with me! And he watches as the numerous random puzzling issues pop up daily for me, and understands it all so much better. Since he has been coming with me, he's been much more present and willing to help me with the stuff I can't do anymore. I would suggest taking your hubby with you from now on!

April 29, 2018
A myRAteam Member

great ideal most of my ppl dont understand my husband seems like he does some times but not all the time i need to take him to dr with me one day then maybe he could understand it

April 29, 2018
A myRAteam Member

that is a great idea! i hate explaining to people how i feel..i get the deer in the head lights look most often. they just dont get it..and so many people day..you just need to stretch more or excersise more..or just pop some ibuprophen and push through it..it gets so frustrating

April 26, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A myRAteam Member asked a question 💭
Haines City, FL

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In