Two months ago I started waking up at night with a really sore throat which water wouldn't get rid of. I also wake up in the morning with a sore throat, some days worse than others. I do wear a night guard and some of my meds do make my mouth really dry. My dr checked for strep but that wasn't it. He said to drink tea with honey before bed and do a nasal spray. This has helped but not gotten rid of it. I haven't started new meds either.
You might have Sjogrens Syndrome. Many with RA have it.
Sounds like it might be reflux from your stomach. You could ask your doctor what stomach medicine might be best for you. They have most of them over the counter now. Zantac, prilosec, pepcid, tagament and the list goes on. I don't know if it might interfere with your other meds you could ask the pharmacist too.
I have had Mono and it reoccurs as Epstein Bar. When it does I get a low level sore throat that comes and goes along with severe fatigue. When my immune system is stressed or compromised, it can be triggered. Have you ever been checked for mono? Active or not? Also, are you on an immunosuppressant?
You might just be breathing through your mouth which can make your mouth dry and cause a slight sore throat.
I think I'll ask my rheumatologist. It's getting to be a problem because it wakes me up. Thank you all for your suggestions. I appreciate it.