I will be fine and then all of a sudden I have the dread pian the kind where you feel like that body part is stuck in a vice being crushed.. I stop doing what I was doing , walk slower and the pain goes away. At that time I think it is anything but ra. Then the pain comes back once I start walking or doing whatever I was doing when the pain started is this normal.
Answer Summary
Members connected deeply over experiencing sudden, intense pains that stop them in their tracks, describing sensations like being crushed in a... Read more
I think everyone with RA has experienced some if not all of the various types of pain that comes with this territory. I get the sharp pains sometimes so bad that I can not even take a deep breath without screaming. And then there is the sharp pains that comes with sitting down or laying down after you have pushed yourself to far and stayed up too long! The sharp pain when the wrists, ankles, knees, hips or shoulders give way. Etc, etc, etc. won't even go into the dull aching, ice cold water running thru the marrow of your bones. I didn't realize there was so many types of pain until I had spinal problems, fibromyalgia and osteo and RA!
Yes I do get sharp pain like that in my joints in my muscles and also when I breathe I get it all over and it stops me from moving and sometimes it makes me scream it so sharp and painful ....you are not alone with this I think I'm just a little more drastic.
That is how mine was for a few years before it come to a complete pain that overtook my entire body! I am on all kinds of pain meds, muscle relaxer, NSAIDs, Plaquenil and Methotrexate! Now the pain is none stop except for a few hours in the afternoon. Wish I could get the garage cleaned out so I could get to the exercise equipment! Maybe sometime soon!
Unfortunately that is common. Suddenly a sharp pain somewhere random. This crazy disease has so many different faces. It is very unpredictable. The doctors are even left scratching their heads.
Yes, it drives me nuts. I'll be walking, have to stop and breath for a minute until the bone pain passes. Then it's gone like it was never there.